BIM Requirements Management with BIMQ
Manage your Employer's Information Requirements with BIMQ
Your Task : The intelligent creation and management of Employer's Information Requirements (EIR) and quality assurance of your BIM models.
Our Solution : A database for this complex task – The database for Requirements and Quality Management with BIMQ.
The main advantage of BIM is revealed through comprehensive, open-access information used by everyone since this information enables early and reliable decision making. Therefore, defining the exact information required for specific BIM use cases and BIM goals is becoming more important in the planning process. This information has to be well structured, standardized as much as possible and quality checked.
Creation and management of these information requirements take too much time and effort without supporting software and generally still captured analogously and handed over to project participants.
In order to cope with the complexity of information requirements efficiently, AEC3 developed the database for Requirements and Quality Management BIMQ. With BIMQ these requirements can be captured digitally.
A special adjustment and further development took place for the largest clients of Norway. Statsbygg, Forsvarsbygg, Helse and others joined together with buildingSMART Norway to operate this solution as a unified system with their own content.
The following can be defined through the system :
- The responsibilities for the creation of model elements and their properties/information
- The model elements (building components or building systems)
- The Level of Detail (LOD) of model elements– divided into Level of Geometry (LOG) and Level of Information (LOI)
- The project phases and BIM use cases
- The mappings for BIM Software and open data exchange formats, and classifications such as DIN 276, Omniclass or Uniclass
Then from these modules, the respective BIM guideline for a particular construction project is configured. This BIM guideline is the BIM specification for the planners for the correct development of BIM models and their data requirements. This is integrated in the BIM Project Execution Plan.
Furthermore, the information from the database is interesting for a professional quality check by means of exported rules (through mvdXML) in proper BIM viewers and checkers. The agreed requirements can be also imported in corresponding BIM modeling software to facilitate the creation of individual requirements.
How can you use BIMQ as an inexperienced user?
- We support you to create and maintain your individual BIM guideline
- We define your components, in order to create your own BIM guideline with these
- We provide already defined actors and BIM use cases
- We help you to export the requirements for quality management for monitoring and quality assurance of your BIM models
- We help you with the definition and export of the properties for your BIM software – now possible for ArchiCAD and Revit Architecture
How can you use BIMQ as a BIM expert?
- You get your own access to BIMQ
- You receive an introduction to BIMQ in advance
- You receive a BIMQ Test Guideline with already created content – for example based on Omniclass or Uniclass – According to this basis you can create your own BIM Project Guideline
- You get access to already defined and successfully implemented BIM applications
- You can filter inside your guideline at BIMQ according to different components, such as filtering by agreed BIM use cases, specialist disciplines and model elements
© 2017 AEC3 Deutschland GmbH I LEGAL NOTICE I CONTACT